As many of you know, I have been fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support for the last 18 months and through your generosity this has raised over £4,000.00 to help fund the work that Macmillan do. That’s a small drop in the ocean of course but every little bit helps, right?
In 2015 I completed 5 events for this great charity, cycling more than 1000 km in doing so. But in 2016 the aim will be to complete 10 events. I have already signed up for a number of these but the final 10 ( or more ) will be finalised throughout the year. Any suggestions would be welcome …. within reason.
So far I have entered the following events;
- Etape Loch Ness (again) – 24 April 2016 (110km)
- Letchworth to Cambridge Cycle – 8 May 2016 (93km)
- BUPA London 10k run – 30 May 2016 (questionable due to dodgy knees)
- Ride London Surrey 100 (again) – 31 July 2016 (160km)
- Tour o the Borders (again) – 7 August (120km)
The idea is to find a number of other challenge events that I can do to make up my Ten to Tackle this year. There are no shortage of options but the real difficulty is finding the ones that I can fit into a busy schedule and family life.
Some of these possible events include;
- Tour of Cambridgeshire Gran Fondo Sunday on 5th June 2016 (approx 136km)
- Dunwich Dynamo XXIV 2016 on 16 July 2016 (200km)
- Yorkshire 3 peaks – Saturday 13th August 2015
- Tour of the Cornfields – Sunday 4 September (100km)
- Coast to Coast Cycle Challenge – 16 September 2016 to 18 September 2016 (220km)
- Tandem Jump UK 10,000ft Tandem Skydive
There are a number of other sportives out there that I can ride this year to make up the numbers but there are two possible events that I want to plan.
Details will follow as soon as possible ….